GOD, THE GREAT INSTALLER


We need to trust in God's programming for our lives. When we come into this world, we automatically arrive with infected programming. But God has Virus Ware - Salvation 3.0 that He has purchased for everyone, we just have to choose to Run it. Some accept and Run the original programming - Rebel 0.0 - with eternal consequences. But if the decision is made to Trash the original programming, use God's Virus Ware and install New Creation 7.0, then there are benefits eternal. The only thing that remains is to receive a hardware upgrade - Rapture 1.0 - some time in the near future.

Looking at God as our Programmer/Installer, a summary of Psalm 139 states -

  1. God knows us better than we know ourselves.
  2. His presence in our lives is inescapable.
  3. God saw who we would be and what we would look like in His mind's eye long before creating us.
  4. God's creative "Workshop" for all that makes us who we are was our mother's womb.
  5. "If only you, God, would..." was a phrase even David, in the midst of all this awe and wonder of God's control over his life had at least one of. "If only..." is a non-understanding phrase.
  6. Yet, David sets the example by surrendering to God's probing, testing, gutting out and leadership.

I have surrendered to Christ's programming of my life. However, just like David, I too have a "If only you, God, would...." in the middle of my admiration for Him as Programmer, Installer or Creator. My lack of understanding has to do with the healing of a lot of dear people in my life. The immediacy which I expect from God is not immediate enough in my book. I see few instances in Scripture where Jesus delayed His compassionate action, usually a healing. I have prayed until I don't know what words to use to explain the situation or try to entreat God's heart and hands to the circumstances. 

Yet, what I am going to do? I can attest of miracles in my life and testify to God's track record of leading, guiding and directing me in His ways. The moments of not understanding are hard and frustrating. I do not ask God for Omniscience (all-knowingness), just a drop of revelation toward whatever I am going through - healing of my family and friends right now.

However, just as David said, so I practice praying also - "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." He knows me. He has promised - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) He is sovereign and I must trust in that. He is The Designer of my body, mind, spirit and entire Life. He is God the Creator; He is God the Programmer; God, The Great Installer.

Comments