THE PRESCRIPTION FOR POTENTIAL UNBELIEF


I tell you what - lately prayer for myself and others has been a challenging thing. If God does not answer in the positive and soon, doubt is waiting to take over.

There are a list of items I believe I am praying God's will over. I pray the Scripture back to The Lord and remind Him, myself and the individuals that need prayer of His promises. And I know His ways are higher than ours. I am aware His timing is not necessarily our schedule. But the natural remedy to some of my requests are not going to wait around for long.

I saw a question on Twitter that was re-asked by Christine Caine. The original question was posed by Chris Hodges and was - "If God answered all your prayers, would it change the world or just change you?" I would hope and pray the answered prayer would change both me and the world. I would earnestly desire that the answer would so influence me that I would move to witness to the world about my awesome God.

Christine added an antidote that I agree with - she said, "I truly felt convicted by this — it’s time for me to pray bolder prayers, believe for greater things, and to expect the second half of my life to be more fruitful than the first!" (Christine Caine‏Verified account @ChristineCaine Jul 8)

I feel so much like the father of the boy with an impure spirit. That dad's encounter with Jesus was as follows - 

"'But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.'

‘If you can’?' said Jesus. 'Everything is possible for one who believes.'

Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!'” (Mark 9:22-24)

It is amazing the proof I keep asking of God for my faith to grow in Him. After He had sustained me through the night, shoot, sustained the whole universe throughout the night and ever since creation; after all the benchmarks of blessings and miracles in my life - I find myself praying for more and expecting more. Am I a greedy little son or is my God just that great of a Father with unlimited resources and provisions? Definitely the later, but the former is probably part of this also.

However, no matter where I am in my faith-walk; no matter the degree of my unbelief, like the father mentioned earlier - God is still faithful. Paul reminds Timothy and us of that in his second letter to Timothy, when he said, "if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself." (2 Timothy 2:13). If God stopped being faithful, He would stop being God for His Name is Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11). 

So, the prescription for my potential unbelief is to pray bolder prayers, believe God for greater things and expect miracles to flow. This is trusting in the everyday mode of operation of God. This is trusting in God's faithfulness to me and to His Word.

Comments