GOING HOME


In my Dad's house I see his fingerprints or touch everywhere. I smell his scent. I can physically feel the things he has made or fixed for the inside of the house. I can even hear the echo of his voice in the halls sometimes when he is not visibly there. So it is with my Heavenly Father also, except His house is much bigger and engulfs the earth - in fact - all of creation.

The major difference to be mentioned here is that I can see my Dad anytime I desire. With my Heavenly Father, I still must rely on the large tells inside His House for His manifestations. However, it was not always like that, nor will it continue to be like this.

Many moons ago, Father God sent the perfect representation of Himself into this world - His Word made flesh, Christ Jesus. When speaking to Phillip, Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." (John 14:9) He did and does everything in union with The Father because they are one and the same. Paul declares, "The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation." (Colossians 1:15) Wow! At the honor and privilege of those that had the opportunity to see Christ or to even walk with Him, talk with Him and touch Him. 

Those who are followers of Christ, who are children of the Most High God, are in a waiting period to see Christ and therefore see our true Father. Christ said, " And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:3) In fact, His glory will not be hidden from us. His oneness with The Father will be doubtless. John says, "But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." (1 John 3:2)

I see my Heavenly Father's touch everywhere in the creation of all the many galaxies, laws, cycles and order of things. I smell His scent whenever a person, plant or thing behaves as His Word says it should. I can feel the things He has made by going camping or horseback riding or the like. And I can hear the echo of His voice in the halls of my mind as I stay in His Word and continue to say, "Teach me, Holy Spirit." each day. These signs and manifestation of what The Father looks like are what will have to suffice for me until one day you see me Going Home.

Comments