WHAT I HEAR IN GOD'S VOICE


When Jesus came up from below the waters of the Jordan River, as He was being baptized, the voice of Father God announced - "This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17)

Every-now-and-then when I visit my parents, as I hug my Mom and my Dad, my Dad will greet me with an affectionate - "Hello Son!" The greeting and the word "Son" has a tone to it that warms my spirit so fast that I can feel a physical reaction in my heart. I am happily identified as "Son" to these parents; to this family.

Then there are the benefits of being a "Son" of Mom and Dad, however the list would be lengthy and it all boils down to one thing in the end anyway - Love. My parents loved each other so much and decided to show that love for the rest of their lives in countless ways to me and my brother. They still do today.

Another encouraging thing I hear my Mom and Dad say is - "Chad, we are extremely proud of you, Son." These people and my wife are the next beings down from God in the universe that can say this and make me come completely undone. Besides being their Son and being loved by them, the fact that they think what I have done in life reflects well on them and the family - makes life that much more endurable.

Again, when Jesus came up from below the waters of the Jordan River, as He was being baptized, the voice of Father God announced - "This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17) Father God identified Jesus as His Son. Father God declared He loved His Son. Father God adds on top of Jesus being His Only Beloved Son - He is not just pleased with Him, He is "Well Pleased" - a Godly, Proud Parent indeed.

This relationship now extends to us who accept Christ Jesus as our Savior. Because of Jesus our identification as a Son or Daughter of God is solidified. Because of Jesus His Love does not just stop at the Cross or with the victory over death, Hell and the grave - His Love, in its many facets, is Eternal toward us. Because of Jesus we can find our daily confidence and look forward to hearing Him say one day - "‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.Come and share your master’s happiness!’" (Matthew 25:21) Because of Jesus I can declare His identification, His Love, and His pleasure. Because of Jesus I can proclaim without a shadow of a doubt What I Hear In God's Voice.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

Comments