HIS PLAN...OUR CHOICE


I used to think, perhaps with many others, how could we have free choice with a God that says, Accept my Son or die and go to Hell? My perception was wrong. It was not that God was holding a spiritual gun to my head and making me "choose" the only answer. Instead, everyone was already doomed in their condition and heading to their rightful destination - Hell. Meanwhile God reached down to us all with Christ Jesus, changing our condition and destination.
  • "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly." - Romans 5:6
  • "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8
Before anyone accepts Christ as their personal Savior, everyone is the Walking Dead and the Walking Saved. We have a damned spiritual nature and destination, but it has been Redeemed by Christ Jesus. All we have to do is recognize, accept and believe in Him.

Of all the belief systems in the world Christianity shows God gifting/sacrificing His only Son to change our condition and destination. All other faiths demand you work for your salvation, which would be impossible if that god were truly God. When anyone realizes there is no amount of deeds that can help attain holiness, oneness or Godliness and you allow God to be the Savior/Transformer of your life - you have Christ Jesus.

One might say that is still not much of a choice; that I am painting all other options as inferior and magnifying Christ. To this I would say it is simply a no-brainer that I see God trying to communicate He is the right choice down through the ages. I see it through His people in history. I observe it first in the Hebrews early on, then the nation of Israel, next the Church and finally Christians on an individual level with our own powerful testimonies.

Does God have a plan for us? Absolutely. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) However, this plan is activated at our choosing Him for leadership of our lives. Joshua put it to the people this way - But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15) His Plan...Our Choice.

Comments