APPRECIATE, BUT ACTIVATE

Any time any of us come across a product that helps our life become better in any way, are we not inclined to share this help with those that have the same challenge(s)? This is how I feel about my relationship with Christ Jesus. I know He made me better and keeps making me better thus I share my transforming relationship with others to pass along Him as their help too.

In light of eternity and world events, the salvation that Christ offers, not only at The Cross but every day, spurs me to take advantage of every opportunity to share God's goodness in my life and what He could possibly do in the life I am witnessing to.

So, what are some things Christians can do once we recognize the incredible relationship we have with God and the zeal for Him?

  1. Spread the Gospel
  2. Share your Testimony
  3. Speak a Rhema Word
  4. Show Loving Kindness
To me, it is no surprise that the #1 thing to do is tell others about the person, place or thing that has made an impact on me. In this case, it is Christ Jesus and the Good News that He has redeemed our fallen relationship with Father God through His death, resurrection and promise of return for us. Therefore, it is not a hard thing to - "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." (Mark 16:15)

If this was not enough, Jesus just keeps on giving in my life - showing His abundant, unfailing love. His continued displays of care and affection provide for me a Testimony for others to gain strength, peace or whatever is needed. He has me go through things sometimes to reach common ground with others. Through these events the Holy Spirit through John calls me an overcomer. I triumph over the enemy by the blood of the lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).

When common ground is not an option I must keep relying on God. To speak a kind word to someone who is struggling with something is great, but the next level is to be so in tune with The Holy Spirit and God's Word that I deliver a personal Holy Spirit given word for that individual. This is what is meant to do battle with The Sword of The Spirit in Ephesians 6:17. The original Greek word for the phrase "word of God" which describes "the Sword of the Spirit" is NOT Logos (written/verbal) it is Rhema - Revealed, based on the written. Therefore, be aware and discerning of opportunities you have to minister to others with the revealed word from the Holy Spirit.

Last, but by no means least, is Loving Kindness. In these days love, kindness and consideration are hard to find, especially the unconditional variety. Jesus said that loving one another would be a distinguishable mark from all other followings -"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35) However, we find David and Titus speaking of Loving Kindness. David speaks of it in Psalm 63:3 and Titus in Titus 3:4-6. The emphasis is on God's example of giving unconditional love. Christ exemplified this loving-kindness before The Cross, at The Cross and afterward - we should too.

We can sit back and admire something, some place or someone until the cows come home. We can say we are grateful and be dormant until the end. "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." - James 2:14-17 - Appreciate, But Activate.

Comments