GOD'S MEMORY


Today, in this writing, I want to re-emphasize to my fellow believers in Christ Jesus the depths of God's Salvation. I know I will only scratch the surface, but I do this for us to gain even more appreciation for Him and to keep a grateful heart before Him.

I have heard it said that journaling is healthy. Whether you are on life's mountaintops, in its valleys or somewhere in between there is truth to this idea of keeping a record of important events or memories. I keep one, but it is not as strict as every day or even every week - just on an as needed basis. 

Although few-and-far-between, there have been times when I have felt slighted, hurt or done wrong. I would journal such things to get the issue off my "chest" (mind) and I would eventually forgive whomever in prayer. However, the situation is now documented in print. Therefore, should I read my diary/journal again I undoubtedly would revisit that hurt. 

God handles His booking-keeping a little differently. Where in my diary there is a percentage of people wanting to be mentioned inside - with God's Diary or Book of Life you definitely want your name engraved.

The topic of Salvation demands that we accept the fact we all need a Savior. Romans 3:23 states everyone's status - "all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God." Then there is the biggest BUT or HOWEVER in history followed by everyone's Saving Grace - Christ Jesus!  

I believe because of humanity's nature to rebel against God from birth and God's sacrifice for everyone's eternal soul - God has everyone's name penciled into The Book of Life. If you reject Christ, your name is erased from The Book of Life at The Great White Throne Judgement and you are sent to your just destination - The Eternal Lake of Fire. However, the decision to accept Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior is what engraves it with His blood! What once was dull on His page comes alive with His blood-ink. "When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross." (Colossians 2:13-14) 

Scripture calls God - Love (1 John 4:16). His Word also says that Love covers a multitude of sin or rebellion (1 Peter 4:8). Not only does He take into account every way in which one sins and the number of them ("covers"), Jesus Christ paid the full price for my freedom from them all (Hebrews). So, whenever I mess up as a Christian I can go to Father God in prayer over my mistake(s) and He says, "Forgiven. My Son took care of it."

God is Love in 1 Corinthians 13:5  as it says, "it [love] keeps no record of wrongs". Again, when we wrong God or disobey His Word and then come to our senses, asking for His forgiveness - Psalm 103:12 supports this non-recording by supplying the following image -  "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." 

Micah 7:19 alludes to a phrase used often of our Lord's memory in this situation - The Sea of Forgetfulness - "You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea."

Christ's journal of the sins of my life are imprinted on the front cover with the Seal of His Redeeming Blood. On the inside are blank, white as snow pages for Him to write His will upon. God says to us everyday through these Scriptures that what could have gone in your book or on your record is remembered no more. Again, "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." Into the Sea of Forgetfulness they go! What the enemy desires to remind you of every day, God says, "Jesus paid it all. I have no recollection of that. Forgiven."

Comments