UNDEFEATED

This blog can and will be especially applied to my life. I hope it encourages and strengthens you - my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ - also.

Sometimes you just don't know what the songs are about until you go through it. Sometimes you just don't know what the testimonies really mean until you go through it. Sometimes you just don't know how the Scriptures really help out in a situation, until you go through it. Then when you have experienced the challenge and made it to "the other side", you can - sing those songs, testify and quote your favorite helpful verses. 

I am in the middle of my challenge and God is telling me - "The race is not over. You are still undefeated." Then the Holy Spirit, quick as lightening, placed two passages of Scripture in my mind, heart and spirit - 2 Corinthians 4:7-9 and Romans 8:38-39. I am sure there are others that would marry nicely with these, but these two are what the Holy Spirit encouraged me with - 

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

I love that passage. It acknowledges the difficult challenge, yet showcases our Undefeatedness!

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What I love here is Paul's words - "I am convinced". Reading the rest of this passage and knowing Paul's challenging life, this "I am convinced" carries the weight of a testimony you and I cannot damage, slander or refute if we even dreamed to try. Like Paul's sway down through the ages, the rest of believers in Christ can join Him and say along with me, even in the middle of a crisis - I am Undefeated!

Comments