HE KNOWS


I am going through a rough patch of life right now. I have asked for God's direct intervention but that evidently is not part of His Plan. I have nothing but to trust in the sovereignty of my Lord and Savior.

Psalm 73 was written for me at this moment in my life. His Word is Amazing. Like David, there was a stage in my pain and grumbling before the Lord where I questioned the Lord about everyone else's health and successes. I have been all the things David mentions in verses 21-22 - grieved, embittered, senseless, ignorant and a brute beast before my God. 

Just like David, I am learning His name is Faithful. He hears. He understands. He is with me.
  • "Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Ps. 73:23-26)
He knows.

When Jesus questioned John three times about whether or not he loved or liked Him, Scripture records "Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” (John 21:17) He Knows.

When Jesus would teach, He sometimes spoke with the religious leaders of that day - the Pharisees. His conversations with them seemed to be concluded before they began because of His knowledge of the subject at hand and His power as God's Son. Scripture records, in a couple of places, phrases like - "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them,..." (Matthew 12:25) or  "Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things?" (Mark 2:8) He knows.

Praising God at all times is an excellent practice, but especially during these times I need to remind myself to “Stand up and praise the Lord your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting." (Nehemiah 9:5) The bigger picture always helps and it says of God - "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Rev. 22:13) He knows.

From grandiose to nanoscopic - God knows. From what we would deem insignificant to paramount - God knows. From my heart to His in Heaven - He Knows.


Comments