WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO

One look can say a lot! Ever seen a child, no matter how old - when in the company of one of his/her parents - receive a look that says, "Don't even think about doing that, you know it is against my rules and your best interest."? 

I experienced that a few times growing up and it was enough to straighten my behavior. Why? Because I knew the consequence(s) of continuing in the course of my actions and it would not be pleasant (understatement). So, what does any kid do when faced with this situation? They try to dodge or avoid The Look. This means they will be testing the waters or misbehaving out of the sight of The Parents.

There is nothing hidden from God. "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13) I could stop right there, but I want to crystallize the image of No Privacy. We might have thought we grew up thinking we got away with stuff from our parents, but our Heavenly Father saw it all.

Father God sees all we think, do and say now also. He has promised in Hebrews 13:5 - "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." He is always around. Not that Father God has a Big Paddle in his hand ready to whack you with it at the first sign of a mistake. No. That is why He sent His Son Jesus. 

Grace, grace God's grace. 
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within. 
Grace, grace, God's grace. 
Grace that is greater than all our sin. 
(Grace Greater than Our Sin | Julia H. Johnston)

Father God is just that - A Father. However, unlike our earthly parents He is always present and ready to cast that half-turned head, raised eyebrow look for your consideration When You Are About To. 

Comments