WHEN GOD WINKS


Back in the days of King Solomon, the culture viewed the act of winking as someone with bad intent.
  • "A troublemaker and a villain, who goes about with a corrupt mouth, who winks maliciously with his eye, - he always stirs up conflict." (Proverbs 6:12-14) 
  • "Whoever winks maliciously causes grief,..." (Proverbs 10:10) 
  • "Whoever winks with their eye is plotting perversity; whoever purses their lips is bent on evil." (Proverbs 16:30)
The last verse (Prov. 16:30) states if you wink, you are involved in something perverse and if you scrunch up (purse) your lips something evil is your passion. The other verses indicate that one could wink "maliciously". These physical observations remind me of the Tell or give-away in a card-game of Poker. In King Solomon's culture these Tells were observations that identified one with the individuals who were "troublemakers", "villains", "corrupt", "causers of grief", "perverse" and "evil". These were behaviors to report or to note and stay away from the person - winking.

Fast-forward to today's culture and winking is seen differently. Depending on the context, it could mean - everything is alright between us, a romantic notion, or a that-a-boy encouragement. Today the wink has a more positive outlook and influence. It is when this behavior is noticed from Heaven that the wink takes on a more powerful effect and/or affect.

God's Wink, to me, means everything is alright between us, communicates an appropriate loving gesture (as I am part of The Bride of Christ) and grants me favor or graces with a pat-on-the-back spiritually, physically, mentally or financially. The highest compliment you could ever receive is the one that comes from God. 

This God Wink is a form of compliment to you and me. However, The Wink does not come by coincidence or chance. God is The God of Order and Purpose. When we walk according to His ways, obeying His commands and fulfilling His Plan for our lives - reward is forthcoming; Godly reward is promised; a God Wink is in your future.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him.

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

1 John 2:3
By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.


Rewards for obedience.......
  1. "will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."
  2.  "we will come to him and make Our home with him."
  3.  "you will remain in My love"
  4.  "we have come to know Him"
  5.  "His commandments are not burdensome,"
The Walk precedes The Wink. Although one needs to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to appreciate The Walk, this is not for our salvation, that has already been taken care of by the life-blood of Christ on The Cross and the victory over death. The Walk is the life-journey with God afterward that will hopefully be filled more times than not with When God Winks.

(This blog is dedicated to my Mom. I love you Mom and your encouraging words, but especially about When God Winks.)

Comments