THE CATCH-ALL TABLE


Do you have a catch-all table in your house? I do. Mine resides front-and-center as you walk into my home. It is a medium-sized table with adjustable wings, should I desire to place even more stuff on it. Yes, that is what a catch-all table is - a place for your weekly, daily or sometimes monthly stuff.

In a typical day you would see me come through the front door, place my work backpack down beside the catch-all table, proceed to unload my pockets of their contents and take off any jewelry and place it on the table. The only catch to this table is that I have to come back to it periodically and clean it up or it will overflow with trash. There is stuff I pick up daily that I need (wallet, keys, glasses, watch, phone, etc...). However, the trick is leaving the stuff you don't need on the table (whatever that might be for you).

I have a Hero who is not only the catch-all of my entire life mistakes against God, but I have a Hero who is the catch-all for everybody's life mistakes against God. My Hero, my catch-all is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Not only were all my mistakes/sins placed on This Catch-All Table (Christ), but the punishment for them was swallowed up on The Table (Christ) as The Table was destroyed (The Cross of Calvary).

I also have an anytime Catch-All Altar that is available to me. Sometimes that altar materializes in the form of my office at home. Sometimes it manifests as the steps of the stage (altar) at the church. Sometimes in various places (work, car, or on a walk) I find that my Catch-All Table, my Hero, my Altar, my Jesus is ready to receive more; ready to intercede more on my behalf. 

  • Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7
  • Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. - Psalm 55:22
  • “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30
I encourage you - wherever you are in your life today - consult The Counselor for what you need daily. I hear Jesus saying to me and perhaps some of ya'll - "Don't pick that back up, I have paid for it dearly and we have already dealt with that subject." Israel had a bad habit of this, but that does not mean we have to repeat their mistake. Allow Jesus to hear it all from you! Bare your heart, mind and soul to Christ and He will do likewise. Team-up with the Holy Spirit about being selective in what you remove from the table. However, trust in the bigness and faithfulness of your God by placing everything on The Catch-All Table.

Comments