I encourage myself, plus my brothers and sisters in Christ - do not add or subtract from The Word of God (The Bible), just cross reference, consult the Holy Spirit in prayer and take care how you present His Word.
Let's look at His Word concerning this subject. God calls His Word - The Truth and His Laws something that will last forever - "All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal." - Psalm 119:160 With that foundation, is it any wonder that God would declare......?
- “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take anything from it” - Deuteronomy 4:2
- "Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar." - Proverbs 30:6
- "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." - Revelation 22:18-19
- "As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!" - Galatians 1:9
- When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.