YO REPRESENT!

I have heard it said, "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything." There is truth to this statement. Lately I have had the impression that there have been several generations who don't care what OR who they represent. 

Maybe it is the standard or measure of dignity found within homes today. As I was growing-up, just within my own blood-family I carried a sense of worth. Wherever I went, whatever I did, whatever I said - I was representing my family. 

Taking this idea into the job scene - no matter whether you like it or not, no matter whether you agree with it or not - from the bottom to the top of a company, the employees are ambassadors. Their job description may not include for them to go out and recruit others into the business, however their actions and words reflect on the company's decision to hire you. So, whenever and wherever you are employed it is in everybody's best interest to represent the company well when at work and out and about.

I believe this representation, this ambassadorship idea comes from the installation of dignity, self-worth, and responsibility in the family. If you do not have any dignity or self-worth, what is going to make you feel responsible about representing anything? I encourage all of us not to believe the lie that - "It is all about you." As many of us have heard many times, "No man is an island." (John Donne). We are born into a group of people we represent, whether you like it or not - so take ownership of that. We have sports teams that we participate on and therefore represent. We attend universities and by our attendance become ambassadors of them. We acquire jobs and at times become a spokesperson for them even though we are not in the company's PR Department.

This idea of representing and ambassadorship should continue for the Christian lifestyle. The question, as Believers in Christ, becomes how do I represent a Christ-like life? Thankfully we have the "Life Manual" (The Bible) to help us with this question. 
  • Eagerly pursue Spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12)
  • Practice Love (1 Corinthians 13)
  • Live by The Spirit (Galatians 5:13 - 6:10)
  • Remain Unified (Ephesians 4:1-16; Demands collaboration)
  • Heed the Instruction of Living (Ephesians 4:17-32)
2 Corinthians 5:20 states  - "We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: be reconciled to God." I encourage my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ - be convinced you are part of a body and know your "part" then you can take responsibility "by the horns" when "The Head/Christ" tells you to go, do or say. Receive the dignity and self-worth that comes from being associated with the King of kings and His Kingdom. 

For Believers and Unbelievers alike, Christ proclaims why you should choose to represent His Kingdom as an Ambassador for His Good News - "Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " (John 14:6)  So, I strongly encourage you to stand up with God, so you don't fall for anything else. 

Comments