ROOM FOR HIS MAJESTY


I don't know how they do it, but I know some people and have some friends who keep a tidy house/apartment/condo.......dwelling all year long. Some places resemble a museum quality of cleanliness. To those individuals and efforts I simply say, "Wow!" The tidiness of their homes at all times got me thinking. Besides the owners desiring a clean and well-kept house for themselves - was there anybody of significance/importance they were expecting to visit them soon? Maybe it is to be ready for anybody at anytime, but I have been in places where I felt like somebody else of higher reputation was expected to arrive later on.

The idea of always keeping your House tidy and in order for the company of His Majesty, King Jesus is what I want to communicate to you today. God's Word through Paul says, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;" (1 Cor. 6:19) So, you are not only a house, but a House of God, a Traveling Temple of the Holy Spirit. I believe this calls for extra diligence in keeping our body, inside and outside, clean, tidy and free from corruption.

There are numerous ways to go about cleaning your physical house as well as one's mind, body and spirit. I will submit three ways.

  1. Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up.
  2. Know thy triggers to stumbling and stay away from them.
  3. Make a room ready for His Majesty, The King, to reside daily.
I love the idea of having not only a room ready for Christ, but my whole house ready for Jesus to dwell daily. However, if I am proud and ignoring what I know will lead me to sin, The King's Room awaits it's readiness. The King still walks my/His property and hallways of the house, but His Room is not prepared because of #1 & #2 being neglected. Some houses need different degrees of tending. Some tidying, some reviving, some renovation and some restoration. Wherever you are in your walk with Christ Jesus, I encourage you to make Room For His Majesty - The King.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." - Revelation 3:20

Comments