THE RIGHT EQUATION


Peace, love, and rock-n-roll is not an equation that works as well as Faith, Hope, and Love. The result of the second equation is the peace that probably alluded you in the first grouping. Among the other benefits to come from the second trinity are joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Allow me to briefly expose you to what Scripture says about Faith, Hope, and Love and leave it to you to "chew" on these verses in your mind and spirit.

Faith
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)

Hope
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. (Romans 8:24-25)

And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him." (Romans 15:12)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, (1 Timothy 1:1)

Love
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:8)
_____________________________________________________________

My Faith is wrapped up in a person. My Hope is consumed by a person. My Love is eternally secure through a person. My Faith, my Hope, my Love is all absorbed into one person - The Word of God made flesh, my Savior and Friend, Christ Jesus.

Comments