ARE YOU ALL IN?


Have you every played a game of cards or watched a game that uses the betting phrase "I'm all in"? It is a gamble, a chance with all of one's money that you think you have the winning hand. There is a spiritual tie-in here, believe it or not. The only difference is that God said, "I'm All In" and He did not gamble or take any chances. God knew the cost and reward for redeeming humanity and He did it anyway. His "all in" was the sacrifice of His very words in human form, Jesus the Christ and His reward was a restored relationship with us.

God said to Joshua -
  •  As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. (Joshua 1:5)
Then later in Scripture, Paul, speaking to the Jews about their need to be dependent on God, referred back to this verse in Hebrews 13:5 - 
  • Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
If you have accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior, within these two verses Jesus says to you, I will never remove my presence from your life, nor will I ever emotionally abandon you (re-worded perspective by T.D. Jakes).

God has Totally Invested Himself in us. Throughout history He has shared His thoughts through speaking His word and inspiring authors to write it down. He has shared His presence through manifesting the perfect representation of Himself - Jesus. He continues to show His presence today through the Holy Spirit and His giftings. God also shared His emotions with us through His singing (Psalm 68:6; Zephaniah 3:16-17), tears (John 11:35), holy anger (Matthew 21:12) and many instances of compassion. 

No other god of any other faith has even dreamed of investing as much as Yahweh. This is why I can say as Degarmo and Key sang in a song called "The Pledge" many years ago - "He died for me, I'll live for Him." Are You All In? 



Comments