THANKFULNESS...A LIFESTYLE TO DEVELOP

"Don't you want more? More horsepower. More gigabytes. More legroom. More testosterone. Nothing silences grumps [like me] like gratitude. To say thanks is to cross the tracks from have-not to have much,....
Gratitude is a dialysis of sorts. It flushes the self-pity out of our systems.

In Scripture the idea of giving thanks is not a suggestion or recommendation; it is a command.

  • 'Give thanks in everything.' (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Satan focused on the single fruit they [Adam and Eve] could not touch. 'Eat it, he hissed, and you will be like God.' (Genesis 3:5 NLT)  What if gratitude had won the day? Suppose an unbedazzled Adam and Eve had scoffed at the snake's suggestion. 'Are you kidding? Begrudge what we cannot eat? Have you seen this place? Strawberry patches. Melon field. Orange groves. Blueberry bushes. Let us take you on a tour, snake. We will show you what God has given to us.'

Had they chosen gratitude, would the world be different?

If you choose gratitude, will your world be different?

God's solution to any challenge is simply this: a grateful spirit. No mist is so thick that the sunlight of appreciation cannot burn it away.

How do we die with gratitude? We live with it. We thank God for the. . . ."

The next time Satan tempts me with not enough I plan to show him the altars, the banners, the miracles, the wonders, the thankfulness of my life. The next time I am in prayer to The Lord I plan to remember to enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart. (Psalm 100:4). Thanksgiving sets the proper perspective, tone, and attitude for God who is deserving of my gratitude through Christ Jesus my Lord. Thank you Lord!

(within quotes arranged by me from pp. 81-92, Chapter - Thank You, Before Amen, Max Lucado)

Comments