AN EFFECTIVE AMBASSADOR


Let me be honest with you, sometimes my words and actions are not very Christ-like. I am definitely a work in progress. However, there are times when I have wished for my words and/or actions back, realizing it did not represent who I want to be in Christ.

The Holy Spirit has given no leeway, no wiggle-room in living as an Ambassador for Him. God should not give the Believer any variance to the left or right because of the tremendous price He paid for our redemption - His own Son, Jesus Christ. But, praise God His mercies are new every morning. 

Indeed, He died for me, I'll live for Him should be our life's mission statement. Such a vow is strongly supported in 1 Peter and Colossians. 
  • Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 4:10-11
  • And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. - Colossians 3:17
  • Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, - Colossians 3:23
With phrases like "in all things" and "whatever you do", the ambiguity is non-existent. I need to be holding everything I do and say accountable to the very real presence of The Lord in my life. It is a different mentality to think of doing everything as if Christ was physically standing right there beside me. I know He said He would never leave me or forsake me and I am thankful for His faithfulness. He is by my side and has ever been by my side wanting to give me more of the best - Himself. But I am not inclined on a daily basis to think in this manner. As an Ambassador for Christ we carry a message from Him to the world every day AND should live a lifestyle that is so attractive, people pause to consider it for their own.

"The gospel is not habit, but history. The gospel is the declaration of something that actually happened. And since the gospel is the saving work of Jesus, it isn't something we can do, but it is something we must announce. We do live out its implications, but if we are to make the gospel known, we will do so through words." (Ed Stetzer) 

There are things I do and say that are in line with living solely for Christ, but whatever I do and in all things is still a daily challenge. One of the best quotes I have heard recently is again by Mr. Ed Stetzer. He says, "A Godly life should serve as a witness for the message we proclaim." In this vein, I repent or change my thinking and ask the Holy Spirit to help me be a Full-Time, Effective Ambassador for Christ.

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. - Ephesians 6:19-20

Comments