MY BOXING GLOVES OF THE FAITH


In the scope of eternity, the time humans have to live on this earth is but a vapor and that is an understatement. In the movie Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Gandalf said, "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." So, in this line of thought - that time is short and I should do my part while here on earth - I feel overwhelmed sometimes to tell people who are living incorrectly that they are in the wrong. I understand an attractive lifestyle on my part, an exemplary lifestyle might be a more gracious way of gaining their attention. However, time is short and often I look at those "spiritual boxing gloves" and want to try to knock some sense into people before it is too late.

I mean we are talking about two eternal realities - A New Heaven and New Earth with the New Jerusalem as it's capital OR The Lake of Fire. These two destinations await people who accept or deny the answer (a relationship with Jesus Christ) to humanity's ISSUE, which is the disconnect between God and humanity because of our joint rebellion with Satan.

With the world getting crazier by the second and signs of The Day of the Lord increasing in intensity and frequency (Matthew 24:8) I have one eye on the heaven's for my Rapture and the other eye on a potential target for His Kingdom. I know Scripture says, "The battle belongs to the Lord" (1 Samuel 17:47; 2 Chronicles 20:15; Proverbs 21:31) and the battle itself is not against flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12), but I am still in student mode as I learn what it means to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, (1 Peter 3:15). I don't want to wait around to be asked now-a-days and I will be ready for that opportunity, but my gentleness and respect can use some work. "Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving I'll be a living sanctuary for you." Amen.

Comments