What was the event that precipitated the "Therefore" for Jesus? The raising of Lazarus. This miracle seems to be a major Turning Point for other individuals as well like the High Priest, Pharisees, teachers of The Law, anybody associated with Jesus, and Lazarus.
The Jewish Concern
Therefore many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary, and had seen what Jesus did, put their faith in him. But some of them went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. Then the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin. "What are we accomplishing?" they asked. "Here is this man performing many miraculous signs. If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation." (Jn. 11:45-48)
The Jewish AnswerThen one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year,spoke up, "You know nothing at all! You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish." He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one. (Jn. 11:49-52)
The Jewish PlanSo from that day on they plotted to take his life. (Jn. 11:53)
Before this, "plotted", Turning Point Jesus escaped their angry grasps by slipping in to the crowds or trusting in divine timing. Observe the many attempts on Christ's life before the "plotted" stage is reached.
- At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come. (Jn. 7:30)
- Some wanted to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him. (Jn. 7:44)
- He spoke these words while teaching in the temple area near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his time had not yet come. (Jn. 8:20)
- At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds. (Jn. 8:59)
- Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, (Jn. 10:31)
- Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp. (Jn. 10:39)
- His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jews, for already the Jews had decided that anyone who acknowledged that Jesus was the Christ would be put out of the synagogue. Jn. 9:22)
- So the chief priests made plans to kill Lazarus as well, (Jn. 12:10)
After the raising of Lazarus, Jesus' "Wanted Level" skyrocketed. The new level was "plotted". Jesus knew this and still went through with His mission and still was successful though there was a cross to carry. Jesus adapted and went forward. He "no longer moved publicly among the Jews". If you are at a Turning Point, it could be that your "Wanted Level" has increased in the enemy's camp and you must adapt and move forward also. The Lord is there with you. Trust in His comfort and counseling - He has been through it - He has been through a Turning Point.