- For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- "We do have a part in the process. If we live in an atmosphere of unforgiveness we cannot enjoy the freedom of God's forgiveness. I believe rather than God's refusal to forgive, it is our own behavior that limits us from enjoying His forgiveness already purchased at the cross."
My challenge to my brothers and sisters in Christ is NOT to have you count your sins or go hunting for them to confess them. The Holy Spirit will help you in that area. My encouragement to live a more sin-free or sin-less life is from the pen of Paul -
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. - Romans 12:9-18
- But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. - 1 Corinthians 3:10-15
- his work will be shown for what it is
- the fire will test the quality of each man's work,
- The first area our deeds can be judged is in the unforgiveness we hold in our heart toward others (Matthew 6:14-15).
- The second way our deeds can be judged is by the misuse or non-use of God's skill/talent in us so that we miss spreading His Good News (Matthew 25:14-30).