ONE GOOD REASON (MY PERSONAL CHALLENGE)

I have a personal challenge I would like to share. Some good reasons for the challenge - people are lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- they have a form of godliness but deny its power. Now-a-days this fulfillment of 2 Timothy 3:2-5 is being seen in a greater degree of intensity and frequency.

Therefore my personal challenge is to...

Set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.  Devote myself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect my gift,...Be diligent in these matters; give myself wholly to them, so that everyone may see my progress. Watch my life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if I do, I will save [avoid pitfalls] both myself and my hearers." - (Personalization of 1 Timothy 4:12-16)

Do my best to present myself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. - (Personalization of 2 Timothy 2:15)

Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.  Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because I know they produce quarrels. - (Personalization of 2 Timothy 2:22-23)

Although there are many good reasons out there to motivate me and Christians everywhere to follow this lifestyle I thought I would share - One Good Reason.


Comments