Monday into Tuesday's work effort should be given the ole do unto it before it does unto you attitude - jump on your week with God's help.
- As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." - John 9:4-5
- Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord. Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord. - Romans 6:12
Now we are to work hard, putting our "best foot forward".
On Wednesday and into Thursday, mid-week is a great time to reflect on the last few days, being thankful you have made it this far, and looking forward to completing the week. So, you keep your foot on the "best effort gas pedal" and move onward.
- Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. - John 6:27
Be looking for opportunities to "give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect," (1 Peter 3:15).
Friday's are for finishing strong for you and the Lord.
- Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. - 2 Corinthians 8:11
Paul was addressing a church he knew had potential to finish or come through with flying colors (read that chapter). So with that same word I encourage all of us to don't ease up at the finish line of each week.
Other words of instruction from God to keep in mind while you work are:
- Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you. - Hebrews 13:17
- Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. - 1 Thessalonians 5:12
In summary, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. (1) Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (2) God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. (3)
(1) Colossians 3:23
(2) 1 Corinthians 15:58
(3) Hebrews 6:10