God likes parties and rejoicing and so do His angels. During and after Christ's resurrection, Jesus made a show or spectacle of the spirits in hell parading them in front of Heaven as defeated trophies (Colossians 2:15). Angels rejoice every time there is a new believer that receives Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior (Luke 15:10)!
- "You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you." - Nehemiah 9:6
Many times the Lord seemed to yell from Heaven -
- "The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded." - Psalm 18:13
Great sounds and singing in Heaven -
- "1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth." - Revelation 14:1-3
More celebration -
- "1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah!Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, 2 for true and just are his judgments. He has condemned the great prostitute who corrupted the earth by her adulteries. He has avenged on her the blood of his servants." 3 And again they shouted: "Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever." 4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried: "Amen, Hallelujah!" 5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying: "Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both small and great!" 6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. 8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." - Revelation 19:1-8
A whole-lotta shoutin' goin' on!! -
- "Then heaven and earth and all that is in them will shout for joy over Babylon, for out of the north destroyers will attack her," declares the LORD." - Jeremiah 51:48
There is our house voice or "inside voice". There is our playground voice or "outside voice. Then someday there will be the Heavenly voice -
- "The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: 'The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever.'" - Revelation 11:15
Heaven - it is a Kingdom and it is release for those who were persecuted for righteousness on earth and have a humble spirit about them -
- "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:3
- "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:10
The atmosphere of Heaven is God's presence -
- "Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. 'Do not I fill heaven and earth?' declares the LORD." - Jeremiah 23:24
Heaven will be a place of Great Reward -
- "Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, - Matthew 5:12
Heaven will have a hierarchy.
- "Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:19; 11:11; 18:1, 3
Heaven will be a place of stored up treasures (of a certain kind).
- "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal". - Matthew 6:20
Heaven will be a feasting place -
- "I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 8:11
Heaven will be filled with acknowledgements from Jesus -
- "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven." - Matthew 10:32
A childlike innocence with tons of creative power (imagination) flowing also permeates Heaven - Jesus said,
- "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." - Matthew 19:14
No marriage to anybody other than Jesus Christ in Heaven -
- "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." - Matthew 22:30
Heaven is full of wisdom.
- "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." - James 3:17
Father God is keeping an inheritance for Believers in Heaven.
- "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you," - 1 Peter 1:1-4
A record of your name is a Great Thing, it means God (gift) and you (acceptance) have made your Reservation.
- "However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:20
Heaven in the following verse translates in the original Greek as Ouranos, meaning sky, air or atmosphere.
- "But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." - 2 Peter 3:13
Heaven is a place of spiritual battle.
- "And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back." - Revelation 12:7
STOP THE PRESS! There will be No Sound Coming From Heaven!
"When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour." - Revelation 8:1
Heaven is Temporarily Closed For Renovations -
(1) No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man. - John 3:13
(2) For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. - Hebrews 9:24
(3) Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. - John 14:1-3
- Heaven is a place of "citizenship" and we await the re-opening of it. "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ," - Philippians 3:20
- Then man goes to his eternal home and mourners go about the streets. 6 Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, 7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. - Ecclesiastes 12:5-7
- Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." - Luke 23:43
- And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows-- was caught up to paradise. - 2 Corinthians 12:3-4
- To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7