SHARE TIME - A PERSONAL STRUGGLE

Recently there have been certain people in this world that are allowing me to see a different side of myself.  There are those in my private life and especially in the public eye that obviously don't know Jesus Christ as their personal Messiah and both are pushing my buttons to the point where I desire to say - "When I get to heaven I am going to let out the biggest - 'I told you so' - anybody ever heard, in your general direction."

A check in my spirit by The Holy Spirit confirms to me that my emotional knee-jerk reaction is understandable BUT not the correct one.  The Holy Spirit then impressed upon me that by the time I am meeting Jesus in the air with other Believers (Rapture reference) that this "I told you so" attitude/spirit will not be the pervasive one toward the still-then earth-bound unbelievers.  No, the atmosphere of heaven toward them will be more inclined toward woe (for what is coming on the world and it's inhabitants next) and continued prayer that these friends and family left behind will realize what has happened.  I find support for these two views in heaven by observing all the warnings/woes in Revelation from God to mankind and the compassionate nature of Jesus that none should perish, but all come to the saving knowledge that He provided (2 Peter 3:9).  In addition, The Holy Spirit spoke to my spirit and said, "The right to say, 'I told you so is all mine [God's].  Leave that one to me."  I said, "Yes, Holy Spirit.  I hear that loud and clear."

Me?  I am finding that with these times and circumstances, nationally and personally, I am beginning to get edgy and quick to putting on my fighting gloves.  I might not pull them out right then and there, but mentally I have "thrown some heavy punches" toward those that I thought just don't get it!  This is the incorrect mindset.  One's thoughts leads to actions and I need to have the right thoughts - God's thoughts and perspectives on matters - already in my head so I can snuff out the human reaction to things and bring forth the Spirit-Man reaction to things.

It all starts in the mind - "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2   I am work in progress - He's still working on me!

Comments