NO PRIVACY

For many who do not believe in the Christian God there is an acceptance of some sort of universal force that permeates and guides the cosmos.  As a Christian, I believe that Father God, by the Holy Spirit is this omnipresent presence. I believe this because of what many Scriptures say concerning God's ever-present presence. So, to start things off, here is what John 4:24 and Ephesians 4:6 say -


  • "God is spirit..." (John 4:24)



  • "There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to one hope when you were called - one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:6)


Whether I am in a valley of my life or on a mountaintop, I know my God sees me. Whether I am in public or private, hidden in the most remote place on the planet or in the limelight of the world, God sees me. I know this because God says in Proverbs 15:3 -


  • "The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good."


But my God promises He does more than just see me wherever I am. God promises He is alongside of believers holding our hand as a Father would in times when we need comforting. David says the following -


  • "Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand." (Psalm 73:23)


God promises to be help in trouble, a refuge and source of strength to rely on and tap from when needed. Again David sings -


  • "God is our refuge and strength, and ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)


God has promised No Privacy. Everything lies exposed before God. Nothing takes Him by surprise.


  • "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)


As a believer in Christ you Really have a friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24) when God promises -


  • "'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" (Hebrews 13:5)



  • "'And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'" (Matthew 28:20)


This truth is extremely comforting to me.  It speaks to me that Since He never leaves me and will never forsake me, I have total access to His presence and His ear - should I desire to speak up verbally or in my mind or in my heart.  So, Hebrews 4:15-16 really comes to life now as it says,

  • "we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
My favorite Psalm (the whole chapter) is Psalm 139.  I love for people to ask me to read this out loud and always have a hard time finishing it Without pausing to sob some.  Most of this Psalm applies here, but I will just share the following with you.


  • "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,  even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."  (Psalm 139:7-12) 

As I have stated in many ways with many supporting Scriptures above - God is everywhere and available to the Believer at all times.  In addition, there is a time when God's presence is magnified.  This special time, where people can sense a strong, heavy presence of the Lord in their company comes from Matthew 18:20.


  • "'For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.'" (KJV)

The context of this verse stems from decision making.  So, anytime there is a need with a decision behind it and two or more are required to come to a consensus, Jesus says, if you gather in my name, I will supernaturally be in your group also - available to provide counsel.  Scriptures that support a need for coming together for decision-making and having witnesses thereof are - Deut. 17:6; Deut. 19:15; Matt. 18:16; 2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Tim. 5:19; and Hebrews 10:28.  

In the past I had the wrong thinking.  I used to think if I worked-up enough emotion, enough positive, spiritual, Christian thoughts that God's Glory would descend.  I also, thought that there were things I could do to stir the Holy Spirit or nudge Him with others to make Himself known.  As I have pointed out above, God is already there!  He especially attends the meeting when you gather together in His Name!  Otherwise your meeting is just a meeting.  However, with a group united in His Name and of the same mind - that group can be edified and be a blessing when they disperse.  

Knowing God is there already is take-away point number one.
Wanting a more personal interaction with the Creator by gathering together in His Name (inviting/welcoming His presence) is take-away point number two.
Take-away point number three is freedom from bondage and empowerment or equipping by the Holy Spirit all come during one thing - Praise or Rejoicing in His Presence!  I Love How Carman puts it (and would love to sing this for my church some day) - 

"Now God was putting in operation a principle of war
Setting at our disposal weaponry that drops demons to the floor
Something with tremendous power that assassinates fear and doubt
It's the high praises of victory unleashed by a shout
When David played his songs of praise, demons fled from Saul
As Paul and Silas worshiped God, the chains began to fall
It lifts us above the circumstance and lets God's power flow
The shout of victory binds the devil with chains that won't let go" 
(Jericho:  The Shout of Victory)

God works things out in our lives when we choose to rejoice in Him and about Him - past, present, and future.  He is always there.  Always accessible.  Always willing.  And I Love Him for it!

Comments