In Acts 9:10-12 Scripture records:
"In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered. The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
- God calls Ananias by name!
- God tells whose house He wants Ananias to visit ("the house of Judas")
- God supplies the address ("on Straight Street")
- God then tells Ananias what to do at that location by supplying him with gender, hometown, name, and what his target is doing at that moment. ("ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying")
- God informs Ananias that Saul knows he is coming, what he is going to do, and the reason for his coming ("In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.")
"One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!" Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked.The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea."
- What - "send men to Joppa"
- Why - "to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter"
- Where - "He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea."
- Cornelius also got called by name!
"While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."
- God calls him by name! Love it! - "Simon"
- "three men are looking for you"
- "get up"
- go downstairs"
- "Do not hesitate to go with them"
- "I have sent them."
There is a Godly plan for each of our lives too. Beware! God may intervene in your life without you seeking Him and tell you like these examples above! However, I believe we can seek God for the details. Prayer and fasting are key avenues for these details to come. Just prayer is a start. Just fasting is a diet. However, put these together with the Godly purpose of hearing specifics from God about your life and I believe - by faith you shall! To make sure that the reader observes the sovereignty of God, I believe the author of Acts (Luke) desired for us to grasp that it is NOT the devil that is in the details, it is God!