BLAME JESUS AND GOD THE FATHER

I guess there could be several analogies drawn to the situation that surrounded Jesus at the time of His betrayal, trial, scourging, crucifixion, burial, and resurrection.  Analogies like "the chess game" analogy or "master puppeteer" analogy or "the great play" analogy.  In each scenario there are many participants with roles that are manipulated by one or more to acquire a desired outcome.  Satan tried to "pull his own strings" by influencing those close to Jesus to try to thwart Jesus' plan.  Like whispering into Peter's ear for Jesus not to go through with His plan.  And Judas being possessed by the Fallen One himself to betray the only begotten Son of God.  BUT God the Father knew the schemes of Lucifer and whatever Satan threw at Jesus for bad God turned for good.

Everybody around Jesus was "moved" (chess perhaps) into position before, during, and after Jesus' ministry here on earth.  The fact that the Son of God was in the form of His chess set or puppets and divine at the same time blows my mind but I am grateful because that is the way it had to be.

The Jews played their part (play), showing everybody how prideful they were about their position or status in life.  The Pharisees especially brought this out with the High Priest Caiaphas not desiring to give up his post or any and all benefits it may entail.  He didn't camouflaged his intentions by stating, "Better for one man to die than the entire nation." (John 11:50)  The Romans seemed masterly puppeteered especially when Christ said, "You would have no power if it were not given to you from above." (John 19:11)  The Disciples followed their long awaited messiah and supposed king - confused about the messages of sacrificial death He was sending them.

Then it happened, Jesus spoke the words that have finally reached my plugged up ears, heart, and spirit.
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life - only to take it up again.  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.  I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.  This command I received from my Father." (John 10:17-18)

For many years now the "blame game" has been played and the Jews have lost.  This is mainly due to the statement - "All the people answered, 'Let his blood be on us and on our children!' " (Matthew 27:25)  But now I blame Jesus!  His prophets, especially Isaiah, told of this visitation and event.  There is symbolism throughout the Old Testament foreshadowing the coming sacrifice like Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac.  Jesus Himself tells us His reason(s) for stepping out of Heaven and becoming His creation - to save us, restore us to our proper relationship with Father God by laying His own life down and picking His own life up again.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

Thank you LORD that you considered my relationship worthy of the price you paid.  Thank you LORD for saying "yes" to the Father's will, laying down your life and picking it up again.  Thank you LORD that you call me FRIEND! I don't blame anybody but you Jesus and your Father's unmeasurable heart for who put you, Jesus, through all that you went through - for me.  We messed up as a race starting with Adam and Eve, but you could have decided differently, Thank you Father, LORD, and Holy Spirit that you did not.  Thank you that you allowed history to play out, that you allowed my days to arrive and me to know you as my LORD, Savior, King, and Friend for eternity  Maranatha!

Comments

  1. Enjoyed reading this. I am thinking about the amount of LOVE it would take for Jesus to lay His power and His life down - to CHOOSE to be the sacrifical Lamb of God. As you point out, the people were just pawns on the board.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment